Marketing Manager for Historic Sotterley, Inc.
Status: 32 hours/week
Status: 32 hours/week
The Marketing Manger is responsible for managing media relations, advertising, web communications, marketing for special events, private functions, education programs, etc. The objectives of these efforts are to raise the visibility of and visitation to Sotterley; enhance Sotterley’s public standing to better position the organization for fundraising; ensure consistency and effectiveness of message in all aspects of public communication. While working collaboratively with all staff members, in particular this position will work closely with the Director of Development.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
• Work collaboratively to create and manage cross-organizational, integrated marketing strategies that directly support the Strategic Plan and Strategy for Giving.
• Generate content and/or provide editing support for outbound communication to ensure consistent branding. This will include oversight of all promotional materials, advertisements, website content, social media, press releases, annual report, and member communications including a quarterly newsletter.
• Ensure the website, blog, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and all other forms of electronic media are monitored for current content and functions as an outreach and marketing tool.
• Cultivate relations with local media to increase media exposure.
• Ensure media outlets are always supplied with appropriate Sotterley marketing materials and information.
• Work with other entities including local, state and regional agencies on collaborative marketing ventures.
• Create and oversee placement of advertisements which will support Sotterley’s many events and programmatic offerings.
• Cultivate marketing and outreach efforts at local events and venues, to include some evenings and weekends as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field preferred.
• 5-plus years experience in marketing, media, or program development preferred.
• Community-oriented individual.
• Demonstrate excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills; both written and verbal.
• Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently.
• Resourceful in solving problems.
• Excellent people skills and enthusiastic attitude.
• Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
• Strong computer skills with basic graphic layout and design capability.
• Superior professionalism and judgment.
• Strong work ethic.
• Prior historical site or non-profit service organization experience is desired but not necessary.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.